Overview of 6 April event, starting at 2pm:
Welcome and introduction from IoH Scotland Branch Chairman Gordon Mackintosh MIH to this informal afternoon tea event and to Andrew Thomson MA MIH, Head of Hospitality, Events & Fingal.
Also Gordon will introduce Douglas Campbell FIH, General Manager, The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh; Peter Walker FIH MI, Managing Director of the Maryculter House Hotel, Aberdeen; and Julian Demetriadi FIH, Director, CommunicationsPoint, who will add their expertise to points raised by Andrew Thomson in his presentation.
As Scotland’s hospitality industry prepares to reopen its doors after lockdown, Andrew will provide an insight into the planning, challenges and exciting opportunities facing one of Scotland’s leading tourist attractions and event venues, and its sister luxury hotel.
Topics will include:
- Staying in touch with staff during lockdown
- Re-training staff following closure
- Creating a safe environment for staff, suppliers and customers
- Making everything ship-shape
- Benefits of IoH membership
- New business opportunities
- Resetting sales and marketing to a UK audience
- Embracing new technology
- Reminding everyone how fantastic the Scottish hospitality industry is!
There will be an opportunity for questions, submitted prior to the event (via the registration form), to be answered.
Peter Walker will briefly outline IoH Scotland Branch event plans, encouraging non-IoH members to join.
This is a free event on Zoom, but places must be registered in advance. The meeting link will be emailed to you from the IoH Scotland Branch 24 hours before the event. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Andrew Thomson MA MIH, Head of Hospitality, Events & Fingal – Andrew.email@example.com